Thursday, February 19, 2009

In home care....

So I started in home medical care yesterday.  I have an IV attached to my left hand for fluids for the next 5 days and I have proton pump attached to my hip for anti-nausea meds till April 4th.  I don't have to be hooked up to the IV all day, just need to make sure that I at least empty one bag of fluid.  The anti-nausea med seems to be working.  I'm starting to feel better and able to eat more food! Yummy!!! The fluids are giving a lot more energy, so I don't feel like a total drag.
As far as the upper ultra sound it came back negative, so they still are not sure what is causing the pain in my stomach, but with these meds that I'm taking now I don't seem to have that problem much anymore.  Which is weird, cause the anti-nausea med I was taking before but in a pill form. The only thing new is fluids and the anit-nausea med is now fluid as well.  HUUUUUMMMMM!  So confusing!  Anyway, all that matters is that I'm feeling better and hopefully on the road to recovery!
My next ultra sound is scheduled for March 18h, so we will hopefully get a good picture if it's a boy or a girl!

4 comments:

hatch said...

Wow that is crazy! I hope it works and that you are doing better soon.

KariAnne and Benny said...

I am so relieved for you that you are feeling better. I can't even imagine having to feel nauseated all day. Hang in there girl your almost half way done. :)

Unknown said...

Hang in there Candie!! Maybe it means you are having a girl since you've been extra sick!?

Can't wait to find out. Either way, it is a lucky baby to have you for a mamma :)

lisa said...

I hope that you get feeling better-no fun but so worth all the pain in the end. Let me know when you find out the news of a little boy or girl-I vote a girl!! Oh, saw your post on my blog and we didn't drive-we flew but drove from the Portland airport to Seaside and that is what it was-snow, snow, snow. I would NEVER EVER drive that far!! Love ya, Lisa.